I love hosting dinner parties. I spend time thinking about the appetizers, the entree, the dessert, the drinks, the plates, the napkins, and even the music, but I usually don’t remember place cards until shortly before my guests arrive.
Lucky for me (and you!) place cards are super simple to make out of any paper you have around the house. And if you remember just a little bit earlier - or if your guests or late - you can add a few embellishments to spruce it up a bit.
The following list has all the supplies and tools you'll need to make this project.
These affiliate links help to keep Craftic running at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! 💛
- MT Washi Tape (Set of 20)
- MONO Drawing Pens (Set of 3)
- Prismacolor Coloring Pencils (Set of 36)
- 8.5" x 11" Cardstock Paper
- Natural Jute Twine
- Mini Geometry Shapes Foam Stickers
- Fiskars Circle Hand Punch, 1/8 Inch
- Wooden Rubber Stamps with Flower Lace
- StazOn Multi-Surface Stamping Inkpad (Jet Black)
- Decorative and Planner Stickers
Cut the paper down to size remembering that you’re going to fold it in half in order to make the place card stand up.
Decide what “font” you want to use to write the names.
Put it all together and add a little design. My favorite is dotted lines.
This step is optional!
If you find yourself with a little more time, you can add some embellishments to the place cards, for example:
- Add stickers
- Add some washi tape
- Add some twine using a hole punch
- Punch out a shape to add a different color background
- Use 3D foam stickers to adhere additional paper embellishments
- Add a stamp and color it in
🎉 Final Step: Show Off Your Work!
Post your WIP and finished project photos on Instagram. Add #crafticProjects and tag @crafticland for a chance to be featured on Craftic's social channels and newsletter.