Make some lovely wristwarmers with this heart themed knitting pattern!
The following list has all the supplies and tools you'll need to make this project.
These affiliate links help to keep Craftic running at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! 💛
- Row counter
- Size J (6mm) crochet hook (if you want to crochet the seams)
- Size 8 DPNs or Magic loop (if you want to knit this in the round)
- CO: Cast on
- BO: Bind off
- K: Knit
- P: Purl
- KFB: Knit front and back (increase stitch)
- P2tog: Purl 2 together (decrease stitch)
- Gauge – 9 stitches across / 2 inches wide.
- Finished dimensions – 6 inches long; at row 28, wristwarmer should be around 5″ long – feel free to adjust number of even (K32) and odd rows (K32) to your personal preference.
- If you are planning on sewing the sides together instead of crochet, it’s recommended to slip the first stitch of every row.
- You can knit these in the round – just replace all Purl stitches with Knit stitches in the pattern.
CO 32 Stitches with Color A (main body)
Rows 1-8 : (K2, P2) til end of row
Row 9 : K32
Row 10 : P32
Row 11 : K32
Row 12 : P32 with color scheme
Row 13 : K32
Row 14 : P32
Row 15 : K32 with color scheme
Row 16 : P32
Row 17 : K32
Row 18 : P32 with color scheme
Row 19 : K11, (K1, KFB)x2, BO 6, (K1, KFB)x2, K11
Row 20 : P11, (P2tog)x2, CO6, (P2tog)x2, P11
Row 21 : K32 with color scheme
Row 22 : P32
Row 23 : K32
Row 24 : P32 with color scheme
Row 25 : K32
Row 26 : P32
Row 27 : K32 with color scheme
Row 28 : P32
Rows 29-31 : (K2, P2) til end of row
Row 32 : BO 32 (K2, P2 castoff)
This sequence will create the heart shapes.
Crochet sides together with slip stitch. If you aren’t familiar with crochet, you can sew the sides together. After joining, sew in ends.
🎉 Final Step: Show Off Your Work!
Post your WIP and finished project photos on Instagram. Add #crafticProjects and tag @crafticland for a chance to be featured on Craftic's social channels and newsletter.